WHAT SETS MYOSYN APART:
We make sure every aspect of our meals, from start to finish, are held to the highest standards and not just by ensuring you, the chef, is trained from a health & safety perspective.
The current options for healthy meals MAY be made with good, clean ingredients, some even organically sourced, but what about the cookware, oils, etc. used to make those meals?
- Did you know that Teflon-treated pots and pans makes its way into the food you eat? And when that Teflon pot or pan coating is chipped, the odds of your food becoming contaminated is exponentially increased. Teflon sticks around in the body for 20+ years. YUCK!
- What about the oils used to cook your food? Are you sure that your meat and veggies are being sautéed, baked, etc. in good quality oils that aren’t damaged at high heats? Most commercial oils used, such as canola and soy have low combustion temps. Meaning, when fairly low heat is applied to them (such as the heat used when sautéing), the above oils will break down and can actually cause free radical damage to your body when ingested.
- These are just a few ways we regulate our meals for the customer- rest assured we have YOU covered as the chef as well. We want you to feel comfortable using our approved ingredients and cookware- as well as knowing WHY.
COOKWARE & UTENSILS:
- ✅ Acceptable pots and pans/cookware to be used include: ceramic, cast iron, stainless steel, carbon steel, clay, rock, lava rock, glass.
✅ Store food in glass containers. No storage of hot food in plastic containers. Try to avoid plastic altogether, if possible.
- ❌ No Teflon coated pots or pans to be used in the preparation of food.
- ❌ No plastic utensils when handling hot food. It’s best not to use them at all.
- ❌ No microwaving or deep-frying
PLEASE NOTE: INGREDIENTS MUST BE ORGANIC WHEN OPTION IS CHOSEN BY CUSTOMER
In the case of an organic option, please note the following requirements:
- ✅ Certified organic, grass-fed meat
- ✅ Certified organic, free-range, antibiotic-free chicken
- ✅ Certified organic, free-range eggs only
- ✅ Certified organic fruits & vegetables
✅ Certified organic spices
In ANY case, Chefs MUST use:
- ✅ Organic ingredients for SALADS – *all salads are organic ONLY Antibiotic and hormone-free MEAT
- ✅ GRAINS: Organic quinoa, organic rice, organic corn and organic soy ONLY. Corn and soy must also be GMO-free Allowable SUGARS:
- ✅ Honey
- ✅ Maple syrup
- ✅ Stevia
❌ No agave as it has a similar biochemical makeup to that of corn syrup.
- ✅ Aluminum-free baking soda
- ✅ Acceptable OILS to cook, fry, sauté with:
- ✅ Coconut oil
- ✅ Avocado oil
- ✅ Ghee (clarified butter)
- No hydrogenated oils (soy, peanut, corn, margarine, shortening).
✅ CANNED GOODS must be organic and must have labeling ensuring no BPA coating. Canned tomato products are the worst culprits because of their acidic nature which causes further breakdown of the BPA lining.
- ❌ Do NOT USE these common companies and brands using BPA coating in their canned goods:
- ❌ A Taste of Thai
- ❌ Simply Asia
- ❌ Thai Kitchen
- ❌ Wolfgang Puck Organic Soups
- ❌ Carnation
- ❌ Chef Boyardee
- ❌ Del Monte
- ❌ Green Giant
- ❌ Ocean Spray
- ❌ Old El Paso
- ❌ Progresso
- ❌ No white flours, sugars or rice. White foods have generally been stripped of their nutritional value as well as their fiber content in the production process. No Bueno.
- ❌ When using sweeteners, NO SPLENDA or artificial sugars of any kind. (Refer to “Allowable Sugars”)
- ❌ No table salt – instead use sea salt or Himalayan salt.